Atom feed: Posts Comments

Monday, December 11, 2006

the grudge

One morning you're getting ready for work and there's a smudge on the bathroom mirror.

Huh?

A smudge.

You've got 20-minutes to dress, dry, curl lashes, gloss and fish for clothes...

[dryer blows] s#*!

cell phone rings...

vm transfer. vm transfer. vm transfer. VM TRANSFER?

wtf?

beep. Finally, voicemail transfer.

bleep, bleep, bleep
[number of incoming text messages]

Where's the phone. Where's the phone? Where the hell is the phone!
[full-speed marathon to the kitchen]

Cat's annoyed. Fish are hungry. Sink is full.

Coffee's ready though!

DAMN! Coffee's cold.

ring... ring... ring... ring...
[sounds like coming from the livingroom]

Look out kitty. Look out. Move. Move. Move please. Off the couch. MOVE CAT! Phone is here somewhere...

Where did it go...

Ahhh! Mascara! Found it!
[skip to the bathroom mirror]

bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep
[number of incoming text messages again]

@#%! @#%!
[yes you're beautiful and looking mighty fine and just a wee tad busy and still haven't even found the phone yet]

hm? [smudge again] what? [smudge] what is it? [it's a smudge] well, why is it here? [it's a msg] it's a, hmm can't make it out. [it's a msg] a what? [it's a message] oh. oh, i see, looks kinda smudged. [read it] huh? [read it] hm. [check it] check it? [yes, check it, get closer] oh, i haven't got time for this sh...

OMG! @#%! @#%! That's not a smudge -- that's a GRUDGE!

[you got it] [it certainly is] [now call]

20-seconds to call, EEK! 19-seconds to call...

[trip and fall to the livingroom] @#%! @#%! @#%!

16.5-seconds to call...

What the HELL did i do with that PHONE!

IF I DON'T GET IT IN TIME...

OH sh*t! There's nothing here!
[couch turns]

It's not here! It's not here! [say it louder this time]

IT'S NOT HERE, IT'S NOT HERE! [ohhhhh so that's how you wake the dead]

THE STEREO! QUICK! CHECK THE STEREO!

FAST!

8 [1 mississippi] 7 [2 mississippi] 6 [3 mississippi]...

FOUND IT!

The numbers on the mirror--QUICK!--what do they say!

dialing, dialing, dialing, dialing, 0 + _ _ _ _ _ + _________ + _ _ _ _ _
[freak out about now over the number of numbers]

"Hello?"

Hey K, it's me, told you I'd call!

Copyright © 2007 Kimberley Nic All rights reserved.


Whois? My Stereo Magnet Girl
It all started in Australia...
The Story:

MSMGirl lives in Canada but was discovered in Australia by ANOTHERSUSPECT.

THE STORY behind it goes that her smile was hard to miss for when ANOTHERSUSPECT saw it the very first time he said, "H0LY $#*! Your smile is as big as a stereo magnet!"

Sure - amazed he was - but this stunned her for a moment for what exactly was a "stereo magnet" and what did it look like?!

At the same time she laughed out loud of course--who couldn't help but laugh at that--it was charming, sweet, incredibly odd but unique + surprisingly caught her in a cool way. It was at this moment, quixotic as it was, she thought of her attraction to rock music and her stereo...

And so, here became the story of My Stereo Magnet Girl.

Together they created THE K&K SHOW; a reported internet radio mix of the two of them speaking to PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL OVER THE WORLD.


> Launch Official Site
> Visit ANOTHERSUSPECT (aka: The 'K' Man)

9 comments:

gorgeoux said...

Looks like you were busy on my birthday...

My Stereo Magnet Girl said...

lol, i know, it was actually a very 'tripping' day and I don't even take drugs! lol

God I love to laugh...

Thanks for your note, it's been a pleasure to read your site.

gorgeoux said...

You're welcome. To each its share and types of trips ;) I loved yours, it sounded familiar.

guygm said...

My god. You are so hot. You write. You are into music... Wow. I know this is really lame of me but I think I'm in love...

My guess is you aren't real but a construct of some consortium of writers like LonelyGirl on YouTube...

If you started a cult... I'd be the first member...

GuyGM...
guygetsmarried@blogspot.com

My Stereo Magnet Girl said...

Did you say cult?

Hmmmm.....

lol, thanks for your comments... interesting to see how that's gonna work into your marriage, lol

Take it easy (Eagles) GuyGM...

guygm said...

Dear MY stereo magnet girl...

As I work with numbers...

1) corrected my link to you! sorry for the mistake. but next time you don't need to ask. just command. evidently you did not get the manual handed out to all hot women on their 17th birthday. Rule 42c(d) states that hot women need not ask; they just command.

2) i am wondering truly if you are really real. i would believe so because i make a 2nd career of reading peoples faces. your face implies you might actually really be into music and be as witty as you are.

3) i once knew a woman like you. i chased and chased and chased... she chose to date an Oscar nominated guy instead. but at least i was in the running is what i say.

4) well, THANK YOU for your visit. definitely made my day...

GuyGM

My Stereo Magnet Girl said...

1. Command I can do. Demand I will not :)

2. Definitely REAL. Very real. You've also hit the nail on the head w/ the music and wit, very much so :) Some days I don't have it though, you'll see. You should see me on MSN Messenger, the wit is genius and funny and it's most fun when there's another on the other end who's as quick.

3. I love smarts. That's high on my standards list, even beats an Oscar :)

4. Thrilled to have made your day--that's what I love and was born doing in life.

:)

My Stereo Magnet Girl said...

I LOVE your puppy photo by the way... LOVE!

My Stereo Magnet Girl said...

Oops, and I thanked you on your site in comments for adding "My"...

Thanks again though :)

A Smile as BIG as a Stereo MAGNET with a strong attraction to Rock Music :)